HeritageGateway - Home

Login  |  Register
Site Map
Text size: A A A
You are here: Home > > > > The National Heritage List for England Result

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GROUP OF 5 MONUMENTS ABOUT 4 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF SOUTH TRANSEPT IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN

List Entry Number: 1341312

Location

GROUP OF 5 MONUMENTS ABOUT 4 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF SOUTH TRANSEPT IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire
District: Cotswold
District Type: District Authority
Parish: Maiseyhampton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.


Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 129084


Asset Groupings

This List entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.


List Entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 10 SW MAISEYHAMPTON CHURCH STREET
(east side)

4/242 Meysey Hampton
Group of 5 Monuments about 4.5m
south of south-east corner of south
transept in churchyard of Church of
St Mary the Virg)

GV II

Two chest tombs to east and 3 head stones in front to west.
Limestone.
Chest tombs: To south, Henry Lane died 1820. Moulded plinth and
capping on tall double base, plain frieze. Plain ends with incised
moulding and reeded side strips turning corner to form reeded
pilasters flanking raised side panels with low relief decoration to
south and fielded panel to north, 3-step tent top.
To north, Unidentified, died 1797. Moulded plinth and capping,
plain frieze. Cartouche to west end, plain east end, low relief
surround to sides with inscription to north. Small bale top with
panelled decoration and fluted concave ends.
Headstones: from left to right: 1) Plain small stone inscribed
"JE 1775 / EE 1780". 2) Slightly larger stone with central cherub
head, hourglass to right and device, probably a book, to left,
inscription obliterated. Probably late C18. 3) Large stone with
winged cherub at top and elaborate low relief surround to
indecipherable inscription. Probably mid/late C18.


Listing NGR: SP1171500038


Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Map

National Grid Reference: SP 11715 00038


© Crown Copyright and database right 2012. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100019088.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2011. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Jul-2014 at 03:56:52.