|The site of a First World Airfield at Covehithe used as a night landing ground between 1915 and 1919. It was a satellite station for RNAS Great Yarmouth and used for anti-Zeppelin patrols.
The airfield covered an area of 82 acres and had various buildings. Due to its role as a night landing ground it was equipped with various paraffin lights and a searchlight to aid the pilots.
The airfield was initially assigned to Number 73 Wing and aircraft were deployed there on an as-required basis. In 1918 the airfield was transferred to the jurisdiction of Number 4 Group and it became the home for a detachment of DH9s, DH4s and Sopwith Camels from 273 Squadron.
The airfield was closed in autumn 1919 and the buildings sold in early 1920.|