If you have any comments or new information about this record, please email us.
|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Bronze hoard, St Mary's churchyard, Burwell|
Summary - not yet available
|Grid Reference:||TL 589 660|
|Parish:||Burwell, East Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire|
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- CHISEL (1) (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- HOARD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (1) (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- SPEARHEAD (1) (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
4. Bronze axe found.
2. Dug up in the grounds of St Mary's Church on the W of the tower.
Small hoard of Late BA objects found in Burwell churchyard near the tower, comprising a socketed axe, a socketed spearhead and a tanged chisel. The finds are now in CAAM.
5. Small Lane Bronze Age hoard.
Sources and further reading
|---||Leaflet: R Walker. 1994. The Church of St Mary. Burwell. |
|<1>||Bibliographic reference: Fox, C.. 1923. The Archaeology of the Cambridge Region. 324. |
|<2>||Bibliographic reference: OS ONB. |
|<3>||Bibliographic reference: Salzman L.F. (ed). 1938. The Victoria County History of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely. Volume 1. 279. |
|<4>||Map: 1959. OS 6 inch map. |
|<5>||Monograph: Pendleton, C.. 1999. Bronze Age Metalwork in Northern East Anglia. A study of its distribution and interpretation. p. 201. British Archaeological Report British Series 279|
Search results generated by the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd.