guidance on the use of this record.
If you have any comments or new information about this record, please email us.
|Name:||Possible boundary stone near Buckland Beacon|
There is a reference to 'The Longstone (not upright by consent)' as being between Grey Mare and Wolstar Burrough' on the boundary of Manor, 1598. Location unknown.
|Grid Reference:||SX 735 731|
|Admin Area||Dartmoor National Park|
|Civil Parish||Buckland in the Moor|
|Ecclesiastical Parish||BUCKLAND IN THE MOOR|
Protected Status: none recorded
- Old DCC SMR Ref: SX77SW/278
Monument Type(s) and Dates
- BOUNDARY STONE? (Early Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1750 AD (Between))
Unknown, 1613, List of Boundary Markers (74/698), WDRO 74/698 and 74/134. (Record Office Collection). SDV288925.
Belsey, P. M., 1983 - 1987, Buckland-In-The-Moor Parish Checklist (Un-published). SDV345904.
There is a reference to 'the longstone (not upright by consent)' as being between Grey Mare and Wolstar burrough' on the boundary of Manor, 1598. In West Devon Record Office document.
Sources / Further Reading
- Record Office Collection: Unknown. 1613. List of Boundary Markers (74/698). West Devon Record Office Collection. Unknown. WDRO 74/698 and 74/134..
- Un-published: Belsey, P. M.. 1983 - 1987. Buckland-In-The-Moor Parish Checklist. Parish Checklist. A4 Single Sheet.
|MDV30593||Related to: Boundary stone on Buckland Common (Monument)|
|MDV7977||Related to: Buckland Beacon (Monument)|
|MDV30589||Related to: Grey Mare boundary stone south of Buckland Beacon (Monument)|
Associated Finds: none recorded
- EDV6836 - Rippon Tor Premier Archaeological Landscape survey
|Date Last Edited:||Mar 1 2016 3:54PM|
Search results generated by the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd.