guidance on the use of this record.
If you have any comments or new information about this record, please email us.
|Name:||'Iron Bridge' aqueduct, Raddick Hill|
Aqueduct known as the 'Iron Bridge', which carries the Devonport Leat over the River Meavy at Raddick Hill.
|Grid Reference:||SX 573 713|
|Admin Area||Dartmoor National Park|
- Old DCC SMR Ref: SX57SE/356
Monument Type(s) and Dates
- AQUEDUCT (XVIII to XXI - 1751 AD to 2009 AD (Between))
Ordnance Survey, 1880 - 1899, First Edition Ordnance Survey 25 inch map (Cartographic). SDV336179.
'Aqueduct' marked on late 19th century historic map.
Ordnance Survey, 1904 - 1906, Second Edition Ordnance Survey 25 inch Map (Cartographic). SDV325644.
'Aqueduct' depicted on the early 20th century historic mapping.
Trueman, M., 2000, Water and Sewage Step 3 Assessment (Report - non-specific). SDV288012.
Cascade and aqueduct. Channel cascades steeply down Raddick Hill to aqueduct over River Meavy. Aqueduct has original granite piers that carry the water in an iron trough (previously a wooden one). Flood control scheme and spillway at eastern end. To the west a pipeline feeds water into leat from Hart Tor Brook.
Ordnance Survey, 2011, MasterMap (Cartographic). SDV346129.
Aqueduct depicted on the modern mapping. Map object based on this Source.
Sources / Further Reading
- Report - non-specific: Trueman, M.. 2000. Water and Sewage Step 3 Assessment. English Heritage Monuments Protection Programme Step 3 Report. Unknown.
- Cartographic: Ordnance Survey. 1904 - 1906. Second Edition Ordnance Survey 25 inch Map. Second Edition Ordnance Survey 25 inch Map. Map (Digital).
- Cartographic: Ordnance Survey. 1880 - 1899. First Edition Ordnance Survey 25 inch map. First Edition Ordnance Survey 25 inch Map. Map (Digital).
- Cartographic: Ordnance Survey. 2011. MasterMap. Ordnance Survey. Map (Digital).
|MDV19902||Related to: The Devonport Leat, Dartmoor (Monument)|
Associated Finds: none recorded
Associated Events: none recorded
|Date Last Edited:||Sep 30 2011 2:00PM|
Search results generated by the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd.