HeritageGateway - Home
Site Map
Text size: A A A
You are here: Home > > > > Devon & Dartmoor HER Result
Devon & Dartmoor HERPrintable version | About Devon & Dartmoor HER | Visit Devon & Dartmoor HER online...

See important guidance on the use of this record.

If you have any comments or new information about this record, please email us.


HER Number:MDV6408
Name:St Raphael's Church, Huccaby

Summary

Church of St. Raphael. Dated 1868 erected by Reverend H. Fuller. Granite rubble walls, partly rendered. Gable ended slate roof.

Location

Grid Reference:SX 662 730
Map Sheet:SX67SE
Admin AreaDartmoor National Park
Civil ParishDartmoor Forest
DistrictWest Devon
Ecclesiastical ParishLYDFORD

Protected Status

Other References/Statuses

  • Church of England HER: 615593
  • Old DCC SMR Ref: SX67SE/30
  • Old Listed Building Ref (II)

Monument Type(s) and Dates

  • CHURCH (XIX - 1868 AD to 1868 AD (Between))

Full description

Department of Environment, 1987, Lydford, 1 (List of Blds of Arch or Historic Interest). SDV266265.

Church of St. Raphael. Dated 1868 erected by Rev H. Fuller. Granite rubble walls, partly rendered. Gable ended slate roof. Projecting lateral stack at front built of granite rubble with off-sets. Simple rectangular plan, no division between nave and chancel. The chaep is entered from the side opposite the road through porch at its lefthand end with a four centred granite doorway. Two two light granite mullion windows to its right - the lefthand one square-headed, the other, to the chancel, has arched lights. The cart window has three arched lights, the central one taller.
Very plain interior with granite fireplace and simple a-frame roof.


Ordnance Survey, 2015, MasterMap (Cartographic). SDV357601.

Depicted on the modern mapping.


English Heritage, 2015, National Heritage List for England (National Heritage List for England). SDV357602.

LYDFORD SX 67 SE 16/2 Church of St Raphael - GV II
Chapel. 1868 erected by Rev H Fuller. Granite rubble walls, partly rendered. Gable ended slate roof. Projecting lateral stack at front built of granite rubble with off-sets. Simple rectangular plan, no division between nave and chancel. The chapel is entered from the side opposite to the road through a porch at its left-hand end with a 4-centred granite doorway. Two 2-light granite mullion windows to its right - the left-hand one square-headed, the other, to the chancel, has arched lights. The cart window has 3 arched lights, the central one taller. Interior: very plain with granite fireplace and simple A-frame roof.
Listing NGR: SX6627873034

Sources / Further Reading

SDV266265List of Blds of Arch or Historic Interest: Department of Environment. 1987. Lydford. Historic Houses Register. A4 Bound. 1.
SDV357601Cartographic: Ordnance Survey. 2015. MasterMap. Ordnance Survey Digital Mapping. Digital. [Mapped feature: #97506 ]
SDV357602National Heritage List for England: English Heritage. 2015. National Heritage List for England. Historic Houses Register. Digital.

Associated Monuments

MDV121006Related to: Huccaby Farm, Lydford (Monument)

Associated Finds: none recorded

Associated Events: none recorded


Date Last Edited:Feb 1 2018 2:22PM