HeritageGateway - Home
Site Map
Text size: A A A
You are here: Home > > > > Nottinghamshire HER Result
Nottinghamshire HERPrintable version | About Nottinghamshire HER

For important guidance on the use of this record, please click here

Provide feedback for this record

Name:Former Cow Public House (Now Demolished)
HER Number:MNT27034
Type of record:Building
Map:Show location on Streetmap


Demolished 19th century domestic villa converted to public house

Monument Types

  • PUBLIC HOUSE (Demolished, Modern - 1822 AD to 2000 AD)

Associated Events

  • Building Survey of 'The Cow' Public House at Beeston, Nottingham

Full description

A 19th century building with two and a half storeys and a partial basement and an associated stable/coach-house (to the south-west). Rebuilt by 1822 as a private home, occupied by Rev F.T. Woolley from 1822 to 1854 and from 1897 by Francis Wil-kinson. Change of use came by 1938 to a club known as Beeston Hall. By 1956 known as the Man-chester Unity Hall and Institute, by 1993, the Beech Tree pub and then the Cow at Beeston. (1)

Now Demolished

<1> AOC Archaeology Group, 2007, The Cow Public House at Beeston, Nottingham: Historic Building Record (Unpublished document). SNT4793.