HeritageGateway - Home

Login  |  Register
Site Map
Text size: A A A
You are here: Home > > > > Devon & Dartmoor HER Result
Devon & Dartmoor HERPrintable version | About Devon & Dartmoor HER | Visit Devon & Dartmoor HER online...

ID:SDV15342
Title:A Series of Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century Lead-Glazed Relief Tiles from North Devon
Originator:Keen, L.
Date:1969
Summary:The potters in the Barnstaple-Bideford area of North Devon had started making tiles by the 17th century, with designs raised in relief above a flat background. Some of the Devon tiles are dated and indicate a production which was well under way by 1655, and flourished at least until 1708.

Associated Monuments (25)

MDV341Alverdiscott, All Saints Parish Church (Building)
MDV813Brannams Pottery, Litchdon Street Pottery, Barnstaple (Building)
MDV1207Cadeleigh, St Bartholomew's Parish Church (Building)
MDV2732Clawton St. Leonard (Building)
MDV15271Crocker's Old Pottery, Bideford (Monument)
MDV141East Putford Parish Church (Monument)
MDV909Fremington, St Peter (Building)
MDV541Holy Trinity Parish Church, Wear Giffard (Building)
MDV330Horwood, St Michael's Parish Church (Building)
MDV15130Huntsham, St. Mary Magdalene (Building)
MDV1539Milton Damerel, Holy Trinity (Building)
MDV15273Rendles Pottery, North Walk, Barnstaple (Building)
MDV857St Peter's Parish Church, Barnstaple (Building)
MDV511St. Andrews Church, Alwington (Building)
MDV150St. Andrew's Parish Church, Sutcombe (Building)
MDV1559St. Andrew's Parish Church, Yarnscombe (Building)
MDV3933St. Eustachius's Parish Church, Tavistock (Building)
MDV157St. James' Parish Church, Abbots Bickington (Building)
MDV182St. James' Parish Church, Parkham (Building)
MDV14990St. John the Baptist and the Seven Maccabees, Cookbury (Building)
MDV146St. John the Baptist, Bradworthy (Building)
MDV14989St. Mary's Church, Black Torrington (Building)
MDV457St. Petrock's Church, Newton St. Petrock (Building)
MDV12537The Admirals House, Rookery Cottage and Manor Cottage, Quayfield Road, Ilfracombe (Building)
MDV143West Putford, St. Stephen (Building)