HeritageGateway - Home
Site Map
Text size: A A A
You are here: Home > > > > Historic England research records Result
Historic England research recordsPrintable version | About Historic England research records

Historic England Research Records

Long House Of Ordnance

Hob Uid: 1109481
Location :
Greater London Authority
Tower Hamlets
Non Civil Parish
Grid Ref : TQ3360080600
Summary : The Long House of Ordnance at the Tower of London was built c.1547 to replace a medieval building north of the White Tower. The building became an extensive range of buildings lining the inner curtain wall and was used as a major storage facility. It was the forerunner of the Grand Storehouse and was demolished c.1688.
More information :

Sources :
Source Number : 1
Source : English Heritage book of the Tower of London
Source details :
Page(s) : 58, 70
Figs. :
Plates :
Vol(s) :

Monument Types:
Monument Period Name : Medieval
Display Date : Built c.1547
Monument End Date : 1549
Monument Start Date : 1540
Monument Type : Ordnance Store
Evidence : Documentary Evidence
Monument Period Name : Post Medieval
Display Date : Demolished 1688
Monument End Date : 1688
Monument Start Date : 1688
Monument Type : Ordnance Store
Evidence : Destroyed Monument

Components and Objects:
Related Records from other datasets:
External Cross Reference Source : National Monuments Record Number
External Cross Reference Number : TQ 38 SW 1566
External Cross Reference Notes :

Related Warden Records :
Related Activities :