HeritageGateway - Home
Site Map
Text size: A A A
You are here: Home > > > > Historic England research records Result
Historic England research recordsPrintable version | About Historic England research records

Historic England Research Records

Snaresbrook Station

Hob Uid: 509420
Location :
Greater London Authority
Redbridge
Non Civil Parish
Grid Ref : TQ4015088790
Summary : The railway station at Snaresbrook opened in 1856 as an intermediate station on the Stratford-Loughton section of the steam operated Eastern Counties Railway, which ultimately became part of the London and North Eastern Railway in 1921. The eastwards extension of the Central line as part of the 1935-40 New Works Programme took in former LNER routes. Snaresbrook was first served by Central line trains on 14th December 1947 as part of an extension from Leytonstone to Woodford/Newbury Park. The brick built station building was little altered from its steam days, apart from the ubiquitous station name roundels announcing the arrival of the Underground.
More information :

Sources :
Monument Types:
Monument Period Name : Post Medieval
Display Date : Opened in 1856
Monument End Date : 1856
Monument Start Date : 1856
Monument Type : Railway Station
Evidence : Extant Building
Monument Period Name : 20th Century
Display Date : Opened in 1947
Monument End Date : 1947
Monument Start Date : 1947
Monument Type : Underground Railway Station
Evidence : Extant Building

Components and Objects:
Related Records from other datasets:
External Cross Reference Source : NBR Index Number
External Cross Reference Number : 24022
External Cross Reference Notes :
External Cross Reference Source : National Monuments Record Number
External Cross Reference Number : TQ 48 NW 114
External Cross Reference Notes :

Related Warden Records :
Associated Monuments : 1310448
Relationship type : General association

Related Activities :